Maths at a distance: Online GCSE/IGCSE exam preparation
GCSE/IGCSE maths is such a fundamental qualification in the UK that it is required for the vast majority of jobs. It demonstrates a sufficient level of numeracy, reasoning and problem-solving to be able to tackle everyday problems and forms the basis for further study should the learner decide to pursue it. GCSE/IGCSE exams can be taken at any age, though they are typically taken at 16, the compulsory earliest school-leaving age.
Those needing extra support while at school can benefit from online tuition to get them through these essential exams, and such support is also beneficial in lifelong learning, where more mature learners need to gain a GCSE/IGCSE in maths skills. There are two versions of the qualification: the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) and the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), which some say is a somewhat harder and more rigorous because it more closely resembles the old ‘O’ levels. Grading is from A* to G in both exams.
The paths to a GCSE/IGCSE are various because these qualifications are exam-based rather than course-based. There are many ways in which to prepare for the exam, and online schools like e-studybuddy.com offer a thorough grounding through lessons, sample questions with worked answers and mock exams. Online marking systems automatically measure progress and suggest areas to focus on for improvement.
Andrew Fell, founder of e-studybuddy, said 'There are many reasons to gain a GCSE or IGCSE in maths – to improve career prospects, to better manage personal finances or to lead to further education. Whatever the reason, e-studybuddy’s structured approach to learning, use of multiple teaching techniques and innovative assessment tools will enable learners to reach their goal.'
Key Features of e-studybuddy.com:
· Easy to digest lessons currently covering AQA GCSE maths (EDEXCEL coming soon).
· Over 100 embedded video tutorials to mimic one-on-one tuition.
· 100s of questions with fully worked solutions to help understand the problem solving aspects so many people find hard to understand.
· A mock exams application with fully associated marking schemes and instant results feedback.
· A forum to communicate with other students and the e-studybuddy HQ.
· Innovative, in built assessment tools to record progress.